Microsoft Academic Retail Box Requirements
Vio Software is proud to be an Authorized Reseller of Microsoft Academic
Full Packaged Products (FPP). Microsoft makes these products available at a great value for
Qualified Educational Users, though there are a few things you should know before purchasing a
Microsoft Academic product. Before purchasing, please be
sure that you are eligible to use
Microsoft Academic software. Microsoft Academic Full Packaged Products are for students,
faculty members, and school staff of qualified educational institutions. (see below for details).
Microsoft Academic FPP items cannot be bought online by Educational
Institutions. If you represent an Educational Institution, please see
this page for our
selection of Microsoft Academic Volume Licenses.
Who is a Qualified Educational User?
- Full and part-time Faculty and Staff of educational institutions.
What proof of eligibility is required?Students: One of the
following items as proof of
- Current student identification card
- Studentís valid school report card for the current calendar year
- School enrollment letter confirming the student is enrolled for the
current calendar year; or
- Government provided student bus/train (or equivalent) pass
Faculty and staff: One of the following items as proof of current
- Current Staff Identification card for an educational institution
- Current Teacher registration card; or
- Recent pay slip from the educational institution at which you are
Please note that we are required by Microsoft to retain this eligibility
information for 2 years.
You may send your proof of eligibility to us in one of three ways:
- Email: Attach your proof of eligibility to an email and send to
- Fax: Fax to 303-448-1105
- Postal mail: Send a copy to the following address:
- Individuals may purchase only one copy of any Microsoft Academic FPP product
per 12-month period.
- Microsoft Academic products or licenses cannot be resold or transferred.
- Microsoft Academic FPP products grant perpetual use rights, even when you
are no longer a qualified user.
- We can only sell Microsoft Academic FPP products to individuals in the 50
United States and the District of Columbia.