Microsoft Office 365 University Requirements
There are a few things you should know before purchasing Microsoft Office 365 University. Before purchasing, please be
sure that you are eligible to use Microsoft University software. Microsoft Office 365 University products are only for full- and
part-time students, faculty, and staff members of accredited higher-education
institutions. (see below for details). Microsoft Office 365 University cannot be
purchased or used by K-12 users or by Educational Institutions in bulk.
Who is an Eligible University User?
What proof of eligibility is required?
- Your school email address, sign-in ID, or international student identity card (ISIC).
How do I submit my proof of eligibility?
- After you receive the product, go to
www.office.com/verify and enter the 25-digit Product Key.
- Sign in with your Windows Live ID or create one for free using any email
- Provide your school email address, sign-in ID, or international student
identity card (ISIC)
Once you pass verification, the online site displays the product key.
- Individuals may purchase only one copy of Microsoft Office 365 University
per 4-year period.
- Alumni of accredited higher-education institutions are not eligible.
- K-12 students, faculty, and staff are not eligible. For those users,
Office 2013 Home and Student instead.
- Microsoft University products or licenses cannot be resold or transferred.
- Microsoft Office 365 University is licensed for one eligible user on up to 2 PCs, Macs, or select mobile devices
- We can only sell Microsoft University products to individuals in the United States and the District of Columbia.
- Older versions of Office University products have different restrictions. Please call for details.