Symantec System Recovery 2013 Server Edition (Essential Support)
Symantec System Recovery 2013 Server Edition
Symantec System Recovery 2013 delivers superior backup and disaster recovery for Windows servers that enable businesses to recover from downtime or disasters in minutes. With patented Restore Anyware™ technology, IT administrators can rapidly restore exactly what they need, when and where they need it–including entire physical and virtual machines to bare metal or dissimilar hardware as well as files, folders, and granular application objects. Unlike other technologies, Symantec System Recovery also provides cross-platform Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V), and Virtual to-Physical (V2P) recoveries, making it the perfect complement to physical and virtual environments.
Windows 32-bit or 64-bit operating
systems including 64-bit BIOS and UEFI servers:
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 and 2011
- Windows Server 2008 SP1 / SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012
Virtual platforms (for converted recovery points)
- VMware vSphere 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 and 5.1
- Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0
- Citrix XenServer 5.0, 5.5, 5.6 FP1, 6.0 and 6.1
These are the memory requirements for
each component of Symantec System Recovery.
- Symantec System Recovery Agent: 512 MB
- Symantec System Recovery user interface and Recovery
Point Browser: 512 MB
- Symantec System Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum
- LightsOut Restore feature: 1 GB
Available hard disk space
Hard disk requirements for Symantec
System Recovery and other areas:
- When you install the entire product: Up to 700 MB is
required for a full install, depending on the language of the product
- Recovery points: Sufficient hard disk space on a local
hard disk or network server for storing recovery points. The size of
recovery points depends on the amount of data you have backed up and the
type of recovery point that is stored.
- LightsOut Restore: 2 GB
The drive can be any speed, but it must be capable of being used as the
startup drive from the BIOS.
Symantec System Recovery uses Gear Software technology. To verify that your
DVD writer is compatible, visit the
Gear Software Web site.
You can look up information about your writer if you know the name of the
manufacturer and model number of your writer.
The following Microsoft .Net Framework
versions are required for installing and using Symantec System Recovery:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2: Required to run the
Symantec System Recovery installation program.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later: Required to run
and use Symantec System Recovery.
If the required .NET Framework versions
are not already installed, the Symantec System Recovery installation program
automatically installs them on your computer.