Adobe Student & Teacher Requirements
We are proud to be an Authorized Reseller of Adobe Student &
Teacher products. Adobe makes these products available at a great value for
qualified users. There are a few things you should know before purchasing an
Adobe Student & Teacher product. Before purchasing this product, please be
sure that you (or the person you are buying the product for) are eligible to use
Adobe Student & Teacher Edition software. Adobe Student & Teacher Edition
software products are for students, teachers, school staff, and other educators
who meet Adobe eligibility guidelines (see below for details).
Obtaining your Serial Number:
- Adobe Student & Teacher Products do not ship with a serial number.
Adobe only issues a serial number to you after you've submitted proof of eligibility
and they determine that you meet the qualifications.
This process can take up to 72 hours. While you're awaiting your serial number, you can use the product for up to 30 days in trial mode.
Who is qualified?
- Primary and secondary school students: Students enrolled at an
accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time
- Faculty and staff: Teachers and staff employed by an accredited primary
or secondary school, public or private university or college, school
district, or board of education (including emeritus status professors)
- Homeschooled students and their teachers: Students and teachers as
defined by state homeschooling regulations
- Contact Adobe at 800-585-0774 if you are unclear about whether you qualify.
What proof of eligibility is required?Students
: Proof of current enrollment, stating your name, the institution name, and the
current date or term2
Types of proof of enrollment include:
- School ID card
- Report card
- Tuition bill or statement
- Any other document issued by the educational institution that includes
your name, the institution name, and the current date or term
Teachers, faculty, and staff: Current ID that includes your name, the date, and the name of the educational
entity or an official document such as the following2
- Institutional paycheck stub
- Letter on official letterhead from the registrar of the educational
entity indicating current employment
- Note: Any sensitive information such as pay
amounts, grades, or social security numbers can be covered or crossed out.
Homeschooled students and their teachers:
- Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool2
- Current membership ID to a homeschool association (for example, the Home
School Legal Defense Association)2
- Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school
Unqualified institutions include:
- Nonaccredited schools and religious organizations
- Prekindergarten or child care facilities
- Hospitals in Canada
- Training centers or schools granting certificates for courses such as
computer software training, including, without limitation: Ziff Davis
University, Learning Tree University, New Horizon Computer Learning Center,
Teacher Training Centers
- Military schools that do not grant academic degrees
- Research laboratories not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
or the Canadian/Provincial Ministries of Education, for example,
institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense or Energy or the
National Research Council Canada. In addition, laboratories in the U.S.
defined as Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) and
University Affiliated Research Centers (UARCs) are not eligible. Examples
include: Los Alamos National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratory, and
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- Other unqualified examples as listed by Adobe from time to time on its
- Individuals may purchase only one license of any Adobe Student and Teacher
- This license can only be used on privately owned computers
- Adobe Student and Teacher products cannot be resold.